LEXLAW is a City of London litigation practice operating from professional chambers in Middle Temple. The firm focuses on financial services litigation, high net worth immigration and insolvency law and acts for HNW individuals and UK SMEs (either individual entrepreneurs or UK corporates).
Summary of role
- To compile bills including detailed advice of all work performed and disbursements incurred; and
- To track and provide a detailed assessment of costs for litigation proceedings.
- A thorough knowledge of all relevant law and practice for costs recovery usually at the High Court (often ChD) and Companies Court;
- Experience in drafting substantial bills of costs (e.g. up to £0.5m);
- Excellent and proven negotiating skills;
- Experience of oral costs assessment hearings;
- Up to date knowledge of all new costs rules, Mitchell conditions, use of Precedent H, etc; and
- Familiarity with the rules surrounding DBAs, CFAs and ATE insurance. Ability to re-design precedent schedules and other materials for general use.
- Experience as a costs lawyer;
- Knowledge of current costs issues; and
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate deadlines.
- Negotiable, dependent on experience / career history.
- By covering email attaching your CV for the attention of Ms Jenny Julian (Practice Manager).
- No Agencies.