Head of Immigration – Practising Solicitor (England & Wales)
Former Legal Adviser to the United Kingdom Home Office
LL.B. (Hons), Legal Practice Course – BPP Law School
Khurshid is the Head of our Immigration Department. He is a qualified Solicitor of England & Wales and has over 9 years of high-quality experience working on thousands of Immigration, Nationality and Public Law cases.
Khurshid understands and knows exactly how to deal with the United Kingdom Home Office (the UK Government department that is in charge of UK Immigration). For over 5 years, Khurshid acted as a legal advisor to the UK Home Office. During this time, he managed well over a thousand Judicial Review challenges issued against the Home Office in matters relating to Unlawful Detention, Human Rights, Asylum, the UK Points-based System and European Law.
Khurshid was very professional and responsive. He completed my case successfully and in record time. I fully recommend him for great service and value.SI (Client Feedback)
He successfully defended many decisions of the Home Office through meticulous drafting of summary grounds of defence with claims being certified as totally without merit and defended many claims that went to full substantive hearings, to the Court of Appeal and ultimately the Supreme Court.
We were delighted that Khurshid made the shift to private practice and that he now heads up our immigration department. Within private practice, he has a rare insight the Home Office decision making process. This gives him a cutting edge over other immigration solicitors who have not experienced the internal mechanics of the UK Home Office and how their policies and procedures result in immigration decisions.
Khurshid was professional throughout. I didn’t have to worry about anything. Excellent customer service and highly recommended.MAR (Client Feedback)
Khurshid has enjoyed considerable success as a UK immigration solicitor with us. He is a determined lawyer and gives careful and accurate advice at the outset when it really matters. This leads to clients getting the best possible results. Some of his recent successes include:
- Urgently obtaining a business critical UK Sponsor Licence for a software development company based in London.
- Issuing a detailed pre-action protocol letter challenging a decision of the Entry Clearance Officer to refuse a visit visa – the decision was overturned within two days of filing the pre-action protocol letter.
- Re-instating Indefinite Leave to Remain for a client whose ILR had been revoked by the Home Office – this matter went to a full substantive hearing at the Upper Tribunal (where we successfully argued that the Home Office had breached its own policy in that deception occurred more than 5 years ago – therefore ILR should not have been revoked).
- Urgent assistance to obtain a Graduate Visa by persuading University Directors to release the clients results in time in order to meet the successful completion requirement – the client was granted the visa within 10 days of instruction.
- Obtaining British Citizenship for a child who had been rendered stateless by their country of origin.
He advises our clients on a wide variety of Immigration matters across both Business immigration and Personal immigration. He is very experienced and effective on UK Sponsor Licences, Judicial Reviews, Administrative Reviews and any category of Immigration appeals.
The fact that Khurshid worked as a lawyer within the UK Home Office helps inform his advice from the outset and assists clients in making the best possible applications that are the most likely to succeed.
He has shown a very rapid response with very accurate actions. I am really happy that I found him online. It is very rare to find such an efficient lawyer that responds so rapidly the way he does. Absolutely fabulous!HA (Client Feedback)