Join our existing trainees and become a member of our most important asset: our team.
Solicitor Qualification: SRA Recognised Training
We are currently recruiting for a trainee solicitor. We are a specialist law firm based in the legal heart of London and regularly featured in the national and international media. This is a rare opportunity to join our legal team, specialising in complex commercial disputes, corporate insolvency and UK immigration matters.
Training Contract Summary
We are a specialist law firm based in Middle Temple, opposite the Royal Courts of Justice in the legal heart of London. We have a growing team of solicitors and barristers and specialise in commercial litigation, company winding up and insolvency and UK immigration matters. We have a Legal Support Team made up of apprentices and paralegals. We are committed to training and educating our people.
The work that a trainee would undertake is varied and includes:
- Supporting lawyers at court;
- Carrying our legal research;
- Drafting legal documents and letters; and
- Providing general administrative support for fee-earners.
Many of our cases are high value and centre on, for example, the mis-selling of financial products by major Banks or tax disputes with HMRC. We also represent high net-worth individuals and their families in relation to immigration matters.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident IT skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word;
- Ability to work within a busy, professional environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- Able to prioritise workload and manage time effectively; and
- Attention to detail.
- Team player;
- Enthusiastic; and
- Highly motivated.
- First class to upper second class undergraduate degree (qualifying law degree or supported by GDL);
- A Level and GCSE grades at mainly Grade A-B; and
- Distinction or Commendation in Legal Practice Course (LPC not mandatory (law school sponsorship is available).
Future Legal Career Prospects
We offer a stimulating working environment, great firm-wide training and completion of the Professional Skills Course. Moreover we offer the chance to become a qualified lawyer member of LEXLAW, which is the fastest growing law firm in the UK (Plimsoll Solicitors Top 500, 2016). The firm is committed to its people and offers law school sponsorship.
About the firm
We are an innovative legal practice of exceptional London Solicitors working with leading London Barristers to whom results matter. We are the only law firm to operate from professional legal chambers located in the ancient Middle Temple (Inn of Court), near the Royal Courts of Justice and in the legal heart of Central London.
Address: 4 Middle Temple Lane, Temple, City of London, EC4Y 9AA
Training Contract Application process
Application is by way of CV and short covering email addressed to Mrs Jenny Julian, our Practice Manager.
- Please ensure your CV includes all academic grades to date and your short covering email summarises the key aspects of your CV and the core reasons why you feel you would be a suitable candidate.
- Please ensure you specify which area of law from those we specialise in you feel you would be a best fit for (ie Immigration / Litigation / Insolvency).
- Applications will be considered as and when they are received and interviews will be arranged promptly.
A work placement scheme or work trial or paralegal position may be offered as part of the selection process.